Vada pav recipe with step by step photos
Vada pav is one of the most liked street food recipe originally belongs to Mumbai.It is often known as “Mumbai vada pav” .It is very easy to make and serve.
Vada pav is considered as “holly grail” food for stragglers and common man in mumbai who are came to fulfill their dream. Vada pav was originally invented for common people who struggles a lot through out a day and had no time, money to attend a lunch at home in working hours.This is the reason behind the cheap rate of vada pav.
Basically vada pav has batata vada
which is sandwiched between two slices of a pav, along with sweet
chutney and green chutney. i have had vada pav in many places.I do make them at home as well.pav means a small loaf of bread
you can make them with all purpose flour or whole wheat flour. Pav is easily
available in most bakeries, super stores and sweet shops in maharashtra.
The vada pav can be had during any time of day like breakfast, brunch or as an evening snack. vada pav goes very well with
the indian chai and usually fried green chilies and chutney are served along with it.
I have used two chutneys here to flavor my Vada pav.One is Tomato chutney
and the other one is Green Chutney
If you are fan of mumbai street food ,Check out these recipes:- Mumbai Bataka , Ragda , Tava Pulao ,Pav bhaji , Sev Puri
Recipe Details for making Mumbai Vada Pav below:
Mumbai vada pav Recipe-how to make wada pav
Prep Time :10 min
Cook Time :20-25 min
Total Time :30-35 min
Main Ingredient :Potato,pav
Serves :8 pieces
Ingredients For the vada filling:
- 1+1/2 cups OR 3-4 large,boiled and mashed potatoes
- 2 chopped,green chillies
- 1+ 1/2 tbsp,garlic paste
- 1 tsp,mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/4 tsp,asafoetida (hing)
- 6 to 8,curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp,Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp,oil
Ingredients For Batter:
- 3/4 cup,besan/Bengal Gram Flour
- 1/4 tsp,turmeric powder
- a pinch of baking soda
- salt to taste
- Water as per need (1/4 cup approx)
Method for making Batter:
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and add water.
- Mix all well.Avoid Lumps.
- If you feel batter is quite thick ,Add water using spoon because we need quite thick batter here to cover potatoes well.
Method for Vada:
- Place mashed potatoes in bowl or plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in tadka pan.
- Add Mustard seeds.When they crackle,add garlic paste and green chili.
- Turn off the flame.
- Quickly add Curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Pour this tadka,on mashed potato.
- Mix well.
- Add salt as required in potato mixture and mix them well.
- Make a fine small balls of this mixture.
- Heat Oil for deep frying in Kadai.
- Now,Take your potato ball and deep them in Batter.Cover your ball very well using batter.
- Gently put your potato ball in hot oil using spoon.
- Deep fry them till golden brown.Place aside.
- Slit each pav.
- spread Tomato chutney and green chutney .
- Place Vada between pav and gentally press them.
- Serve immediately.
- Chutney selection is total depends on your liking.Usually dry chutney is used in wada pav.
If you found this
post useful,Do send your feed-backs to me.You can Rate Recipes by giving Star to them. I would really
love it if you share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or
Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”
“share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons Above/Below the post.It will keep me motivated.
Don’t Forget to check Priya’s Curry Nation On,
Or Join this site Directly By giving Email Below