I have tried this recipe 3 times and finally on my 4th attempt i got success.By the time,i realised that the judgement of the batter consistency plays the MOST important role in making Perfect Crispy rava dosa
.If your batter is not light and watery then you will not meet the end result.
I have tempered my batter with classic south indian tadka.I have add onions and coriander in my batter. I am not using buttermilk to make my batter as water is fine for this recipe.When you are using Semolina,you always need something to bind them properly so i am using Rice flour and all purpose flour here.Rice flour helps to make dosa crispy and maids for binding the semolina so that it can spread easily on tava.
If you are about to try rava dosa recipe then don’t worry. I am sharing pictorial tutorial here which might helpful to you.Please follow the measurements properly,try to make your batter watery and you will definitely make “Crispy Rava Dosai ” at you home.
You may Like Other Similar South Indian Recipes:-Lemon Rice , Maysore Masala Roll , Tomato Rice , tomato Rasam , Toor dal Rasam
Recipe Details for making Rava Dosa below:
Instant Rava Dosa Recipe-how to make Hotel Style Rava Dosa
Prep Time :30 min
Cook Time :30 min
Total Time :60 min
Main Ingredient : Semolina,Onion
Serves :6-7 dosa
Cuisine :South India
- 1/2 cup- Fine Semolina/Sooji /Rava
- 1/4 cup- Rice flour
- 1/4 cup -All Purpose Flour /Maida
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium size- Onion,chopped
- 1/2 tsp -Cumin seeds/Jeera
- 1/2 tsp – Oil ,for tempering
- a pinch-Asafoetida/Hing
- 3 cups – Water
- 1 tbsp – Fresh Coriander leaves,chopped
- 5-6 nos- curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp – Ginger paste
- Oil and Water for roasting dosa * check notes
- Take a large mixing bowl,Add Semolina,Rice flour,all purpose flour and 1/2 cup+2 tbsp water.Mix well and you will get a fine paste like batter.
- Cover withlid and allow them set for 15 min atleast so that sooji/Semolina absorbs the moisture completely.
- After 15 min you will notice that you sooji is now soft and sticky.Your basic preparation is ready.
- Lets make a Batter:-Heat Oil in Tadka pan.
- Add cumin seeds.When they crackle, Add Asafoetida and turn off the flame.
- Add curry leaves in tadka pan .Pour this tadka on your batter and mix them well.Also add onions and coriander leaves into the batter.
- Now, Add salt and 2 cups water into the batter and mix well.
- You batter is ready.
- Heat your dosa pan very well.* check notes
- Spread some drops of oil on hot tava.
- Using spoon gently pour batter on tava.cover your tava with dosa batter.
- You will notice ,you batter will start bubbling.Smear some oil on dosa.Cook dosa on high flame till golden brown and crisp.
- gently fold your dosa to make roll or semi circle.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney.
- To check you tava is hot enough,Sprinkle some water on it.If it disappear quickly then your tava is hot to prepare dosa.
- When you are about to prepare second one,Spread few drops of water again on tava.This will help to maintain the temperature of tava.
Easy Product Navigation for this Recipe:
If you found this
post useful,Do send your feed-backs to me.You can Rate Recipes by giving Star to them. I would really
love it if you share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or
Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”
“share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons Above/Below the post.It will keep me motivated.
Don’t Forget to check Priya’s Curry Nation On,
Or Join this site Directly By giving Email Below