Farali patties -Step by step recipe pictures
Navratri is running and many of you are having your fasts these days.Here is one helpful recipe is up.Today’s
Recipe is -Patties. This is Gujrati recipe usually eaten by the people
during their fast.but this can serve as snack sometime with addition of
vegetables.This can be have with Curd,Green chutney.
stuffing of Farali Patties is a classic combination of freshly grated
coconut,fresh coriender leaves and ginger chilli paste Covered with
You can check Other Upvas(Fasting) Recipe :- Kesar Shrikhand, Potato Chips, Upvas Dahi Wada, Strawberry Frozen yogurt, Mango Ice-Cream
Recipe Details for making Farali Patties below:
Gujarati Patties Recipe-how to make Upvas Patties
Prep Time : 20-25 mins
Cook Time : 15-20 mins
Total Time : 35-40 mins
Main Ingredient :Mashed Potato
Serves : 4-5 patties
Cuisine : Gujarat
- Potatoes,boiled and mashed – 3 large
- Arrowroot flour/Shingara Flour – 3-4 tbsp
- Sendha namak/ Rock Salt – as per your taste.
- Groundnut oil – for deep frying
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- Coconut,Grated- 1 cup approx,
- Fresh coriander leaves,chopped – 2 tbsp
- Sendha Namak(Rock Salt) – as per your taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Dry Fruits, Half Crushed – 1 tbsp
- Ginger- Chilli Paste – 1 tbsp
Method / Assembling:
- Take a bowl ,Add mashed potatoes ,Arrowroot Flour And Sendha namak. Mix Them well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl,add Coconut,Coriander,Salt,Ginger-Chilli paste,dryfruit powder,sugar and mix them well.
- take a medium portion of potato mixture and flatten it.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of Stuffing Mixture.
- Bring the edges towards the center and gently seal them.Prepare medium round ball.
- Rub this ball in arrowroot flour.
- Heat oil in Kadhai.(Cookware set range at amazon)
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve With Green Chutney.
- I use Rock salt because of Fasting however you can use Normal Salt too.
- If you failed to find Arrowroot flour,Do check for Amaranth flour.You can use Amaranth flour also which is known as “Rajgira Atta” in hindi
Easy Products Navigation For this Recipe:
If you found this
post useful,Do send your feed-backs to me.You can Rate Recipes by giving Star to them. I would really
love it if you share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or
Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”
“share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons Above/Below the post.It will keep me motivated.
Don’t Forget to check Priya’s Curry Nation On,
Or Join this site Directly By giving Email Below