Tempered Banana Raita – Easy and quick Recipe
I have shared Tomato rice recipe two days before on blog and told you that i am right now trying some easy south indian recipes.
I have made this raita recipe as accompaniment.It goes Truly BEST with spicy tomato rice.It has Sweet flavor.
Actually , I tried to give south indian touch to this raita recipe. I have tried many raita recipes including my mommy’s styale banana raita as well.We generally didn’t give any tadka to raita recipe in my home.
This is very refreshing raita recipe.Banana and yogurt
are the main ingredients.My mom used to add cucumber in banana raita.well,It is perfect summer-cool recipe. I always make simple cucumber raita
Or even gujarati kadhi
.These are our handy and most favorites dishes.
Hope you guys will like it..
I am using Prestige Hard Anodised Cookware Tadka Pan here
Recipe Details for making Tempered Banana raita below:
Tadka banana raita Recipe-how to make banana raita
Prep Time :2 min
Cook Time :2 min
Total Time :5 min
Main Ingredient : Yogurt and banana
Cuisine : South Indian
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Banana – 1 nos medium size
- Salt -to taste
- Sugar – to taste
- Red chili powder – a pinch
- Chat Masala -1/4 tsp
- Fresh Coriander – for garnishing
Ingredients for tempering:
- Oil – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds -1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 5-6 nos
- Chana dal – 1/4 tsp
- Slice the bananas OR cut into small pieces right before making raita otherwise it will discolored.
- Whisk yogurt along with Salt,sugar,Red chili powder,chat masala.
- Heat Oil in tadka Pan.
- Add chana dal and roast it until brown.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds and when they crackle add asafoetida.
- Add curry leaves and remove the flame.
- Add banana and mix well in tadka.Be carefull while mixing.You need to work gently because banana is very soft and breaks easily.
- Keep this mixture aside for 2 mins so that banana absorbs the flavors of “tadka”.
- pour this tadka in yogurt mixture.
- Mix well.
- Serve chilled.
If you found this
post useful,Do send your feed-backs to me.You can Rate Recipes by giving Star to them. I would really
love it if you share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or
Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”
“share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons Above/Below the post.It will keep me motivated.
Don’t Forget to check Priya’s Curry Nation On,
Or Join this site Directly By giving Email Below