Garlic Dal- Dal lehsuni
I am just a big fan of RICE . I can eat them anytime.I always want tasty dal recipes which is quite spicy in taste as a best accompaniment with my plain or jeera rice platter.Today’s recipe is somewhat restaurant style dal recipe.This is pure Toor dal recipe with exotic flavor of garlic.
We found lot of lentils from market and it is the most staple food we had. This is not pure ‘dal Tadka’ recipe because i use only toor dal here.This is very easy to make.
The main difference between Punjabi dals and gujrati dals is – Punjabi dals are Thick,cream and a bit spicy in taste while Gujarati makes their dal thin,sweet and sour by adding lemon on the top.
I prepared a special paste here which i made from garlic,tomatoes and green chilies.
Green chilies are totally avoidable ingredient in this recipe because my aim of using this to give more spicyness.
You have to roast this paste first.I can’t explain about its aroma in words.You can literally feel the flavors.
Garlic dal includes two tadka process.The first tadka is given with tomato
paste and last tadka is given at the time of serving which includes red
chili powder and garlic.
This recipe goes best with Plain rice
or Jeera rice.
Recipe Details below:
Dal lasunwali Recipe-how to make garlic dal
Prep Time :15 min
Cook Time :10 min
Total Time : 25 min
Main Ingredient : Toor dal (pigeon peas)
Cuisine : North indian
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt -to taste
- Garlic cloves – 10 no
- Tomato – 1 small size
- Green chilies – 2 medium
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Add toor dal and water in pressure cooker and pressure cook them for 10 min OR for 4-5 whistles on medium flame.Mash them and keep it aside
- Mean while ,make a fine paste of Tomato ,Green chilies and 6 garlic cloves. chop remaining 4 garlic cloves and keep it aside
- After boiling , Heat 1 tbsp oil in kadai.
- Add cumin seeds. when they crackle add asafoetida.
- Add tomato paste and roast them for 2 min.
- Add Mashed toor dal,Salt , Turmeric powder.
- Boil dal for 5 minutes again.
- now, heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil in Tadka pan.
- Add chopped garlic and mix them with oil. Turn off the flame and immediately add red chili powder.
- Pour this tadka on dal and cover with lid for 5 min.
- At last, Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
If you found this
post useful,You can Rate Recipes by giving Star to them. I would really
love it if you share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or
Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”
“share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons Above/Below the post.It will keep me motivated.
Don’t forget to like foodandmoreblog on facebook and subscribe foodandmoreblog for updates and also share your recipes and ideas on Facebook page and in the comment box given below.