Punjabi chana Masala- onepot cooking
The recipe i am sharing today is chole masala.Chhole bhature
is an absolutely decadent treat that is a must-try if you visit Delhi. It is one of Delhi’s many Punjabi specialties(as told by my neighbor aunty).This recipe comes under ” one of the classics from north-india”. I have shared punjabi chole recipe
on this blog before and that was also include very basic steps and Ingredients.
As i have told you in my Rajma Masala post
,there are two types of cooking version you can use in making rajmas or chole.
am going to share this recipe using One-pot cooking method. What i Love
about one pot cooking is the blending of the flavors.This is very easy
recipe so beginners can easily make.My previous chole masala post was
bit dry recipe but this curry goes best with rice.
love this chana masala with jeera rice. Kabuli Chana needs 5 to 6 hours
to be properly soaked. after soaking it will just take 20 min to be
cooked.If you are beginner then i highly recommend you to please check
my soaking and sprouting guide and for the experienced readers do have a look and feel free to share your suggestions.
I used regular gravy ingredients with touch of Everest Chole masala.I also add Onion in the gravy but you can completely avoid.
You ma like to visit my other similar recipe posts like Chana Pulao , Pindi chana Masala , Rajma pulao
Recipe Details below:
Chole masala Recipe-how to mke punjabi chana masala
Prep Time :10 min + soaking time
Cook Time : 15- 20 min
Total Time : 30 min
Main Ingredient : Kabuli Chana
Cuisine : North Indian
- Kabuli chana/White Chickpeas ,soaked – 1 cup
- Water – a cup approx
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Shahi jeera/Black Cumin – 1/4 tsp
- Onion,chopped – 1 no,medium
- Tomato , Large – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green Chili – 2 nos
- Garlic cloves – 5 nos
- Fresh Coriander – for garnishing
- Everest Chole masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/4 tsp
- Crush tomato,garlic,chili and ginger to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker.
- Add cumins. when they crackle add asafoetida.
- Add onion. I have also add some chopped capsicum but it is completely optional.Saute for a while and then add tomato paste. mix them and saute it .
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook paste until it reduces oil.
- Add chole masala and red chili powder. Mix them well.
- Add Soaked Kabuli chana and mix them well.
- Add water and bring to boil for 3 min.
- Cover with lid and pressure cook it for 15 min on medium flame.
- Check chickpeas well.
- Add Lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with paratha or roti, Rice .
- You can avoid lemon juice.
- You can use other chana masala as well Or you can completely avoid chana masala.
- Kindly check chickpeas after 15 min. Sometimes it require more time to cook.
If you found this
post useful,You can Rate Recipes by giving Star to them. I would really
love it if you share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or
Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”
“share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons Above/Below the post
.It will keep me motivated
Don’t forget to like priyscurrynation on facebook and subscribe priyascurrynation for updates and also share your recipes and ideas on Facebook page and in the comment box given below.