favorite recipe from Eatsome’s menu is Alu Matar Masala
.I did try to achieve the EXACT taste of gravy which i like most.
Simple home style food is usually easier and quick to make. what i
specially like about these recipes is that they are made with minimal
ingredients and yet taste good. they also do not require much cooking
expertise.This is one pot cooking recipe.
I am Using Homemade Frozen Matar here
.If available then i recommend to use Fresh Matar.
The Key part of this recipe is shallow frying Potatoes.I first Shallow-fry potatoes till golden brown and then mix it in gravy.
I made simple gravy using onions,tomatoes and ginger garlic paste.At last, I used Dry Mango Powder for sourness.
Overall,This is Simple
Recipe goes best with Paratha,Roti and Poories.
You can Check Other Similar Recipes Like Baigan bhartha, Pindi Chana Recipe, Kaju Butter Masala , Aloo Methi, Palak Paneer
Recipe Details below:
Potato Peas Gravy Recipe -how to make aloo matar masala gravy
Prep Time : 5 min
Cook Time : 15 min
Total Time : 20 min
Main Ingredient : Potatoes and Green peas
Serves : 3
Cuisine : North india
Ingredients For Gravy :
- Onions – 2 medium size
- Tomatoes – 3 medium size
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic Cloves – 7-8 nos
- Green Chili – 2-3 medium
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Potatoes – 3 medium size
- Frozen Matar – 1+ 1/2 cup
- Water -1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry mango Powder – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoestida – a pinch
- Coriander – for garnishing
- Put all Gravy Ingredients into mixture jar and churn them to a fine paste.
- Cut Potatoes into medium pieces.
- Heat Oil in pan.
- Shallow fry Potatoes in oil till golden brown.keep them aside
- Add cumin seeds in pan. when they crackle, add asafoetida.
- Add gravy paste and saute it till it reduces oil.
- Add Aloo and Frozen Matar.Mix them Well.
- Add Salt,Red chili powder,turmeric powder and water.
- Pressure cook them for 2-3 whistles on medium flame.If you are not using pressure cooker then Cover pot with Lid and cook them on medium flame till Potatoes and peas are cooked completely.
- Sprinkle Dry mango powder.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
- You can also use Fresh Matar instead frozen.
Availability Of Products :
If you found this
post useful,You can Rate Posts by giving Star to them. I would really
love it if you share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or
Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”
“share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons Above/Below the post
.It will keep me motivated
Don’t forget to like foodandmoreblog on facebook and subscribe foodandmoreblog for updates and also share your recipes and ideas on Facebook page and in the comment box given below.