Dal Banjaari – Dal banjaari is the recipe made with mixed lentils like Black Gram, Bengal Gram,Pink lentil and pigeon peas dal.
It is very spicy daal recipe flavored with Garlic Tadka. It is very healthy because of the combination of the lentils.I think the origin of this dal recipe is Rajasthan because of the spicy ness of chili and the aroma of the garlic.
This Dal usually serve with Roti , Paratha, Subji and Rice. You can Check my tutorial On How to Make Perfact Paratha and Also Check Onion Pulao Recipe which goes perfect with banjari dal.
Recipe Details below:
Prep Time : 30 min
Cook Time : 30 min
Total Time : 1 hour
Main Ingredient : Lentils
Cuisine : Rajasthani
- Bengal Gram Split / Chana Daal – 2 tbsp
- Black Lentils with Skin / Urad daal – 5 tbsp
- Pigeon peas Split – 3 tbsp
- Pink lentils – 2 tbsp
- Garlic , Finally chopped – 8 nos
- Ginger-Chilli- Garlic Paste – 3 tbsp
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin seeds – a Pinch
- Coriander – for garnishing
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida – A pinch
- Garam Masala – A pinch
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp for tadka
| var aax_size=’300×250′; var aax_pubname = ‘priskitfla-21′; var aax_src=’302’;
Method / Assembling:
- Soak all Lentils Together 30 min.
- Add 1 tsp of Ginger chilli and Garlic Paste,Lentils in Pressure Cooker add required water.Pressure Cook this lentils for 15mins.
- Heat Oil in Kadhai.
- Add Cumin Seeds. When they Crackle add Asafoetida and Ginger-chilli Garlic Paste.Saute it for a while.
- Add Tomato Puree and Cook well.
- Add Salt,Turmric Powder,red chilli powder and Garam masala.
- Add cooked Dal and Mix well. Cook this Dal for 10 Min.
- In another vessel,Heat 1 tbsp Ghee.
- Add chopped Garlic and red Chilli powder.
- Pour This Tadka Into Dal and mix well. Garnish Dal With coriander.
- Serve Hot.
- You can modify quantity of dal as per your liking.
Have a great day….