Today’s recipe is baingan ka bharta.Baingan Bharta is very famous and a part of national cuisines of both India and Pakistan.
is a vegetarian dish comprises bhurtha -minced vegetables made from
eggplant which is grilled on the charcoal or direct fire to enhance its
Recipe Details below:
Prep Time :20-25 mins
Cook Time :15-20 mins
Total Time :35-40 mins
Main Ingredient :Eggplants,Biangan
North Indian /Uttar Pradesh
- Eggplant/Baingan/Brinjals – 2 medium size
- Oil -4 tbsp
- Salt -to taste
- Red chili powder -1/2 tbsp
- Onion,finely chopped – 1 medium size
- Tomato,finely chopped – 1 medium size
- Garlic paste -1 tbsp
- Ginger paste -1 tsp
- Fresh cilantro/coriander ,chopped – as per need
| var aax_size=’300×250′; var aax_pubname = ‘priskitfla-21′; var aax_src=’302’;
Method / Assembling:
- Wash,pat dry and prick Eggplant ,take a drop of oil and rub on these eggplant using your palm.
- Roast them on open flame or tandoor until the skin scorches and eggplant start to shrink .let them cool.
- Now heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds.when seeds crackle add onion
,garlic paste and ginger paste and saute it for a while.and then add
tomato and cook them well.
- Mean while ,peel off the skin of eegplant and mash them very well.
- Now add salt,chili powder and routine masala into pan and also add mashed eggplants.
- Mix them well and cook for 5 mins or 5-8 mins.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriender leaves .
- Serve hot with paratha,roti …..
No Notes for this recipe …..