Today I am sharing another chaat recipe which I like sometime-Ragada Patties.
This dish actually makes a complete meal and one that takes very little cooking especially if you have planned ahead and soaked the peas a day before.you can make variations in filling of your choice for patties like peas,paneer,corn etc.
It also goes great with pav and onion topping instead of patties.
Ingredients for Ragada:
- Dried white peas – 1cup( I use green dried peas )
- Potato – 1 medium size
- Turmaric powder – a pinch
- Chilli powder – pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil -1 tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Grated juggery -1tbsp
- Gram flour – 1 tbsp
- Buttermilk – 1/2 cup
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed – 5-6 medium sized
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger-chilli paste -1 tsp
- Boiled peas – 1tsp
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Onion,chopped – 1 medium sized
- Tomato,chopped -1 medium sized
- Sev – as per need.
- Tamarind chutney
- Garlic chutney
- Green chutney
- First, soak white/green peas over night.
- Drain,and add 3-4 water into that and pressure cook it for 10-15 mins.
- Add asafoetida.
- Now, add peas and. Slightly mash that peas.
- Add chopped boiled potato.
- Now,mix gram flour and buttermilk together and whisk well.(avoid lumps).and add this mixture to ragada.
- Add all masala and boil this ragaga for at least 7-8 mins.
- At last add pinch garam masala and coriender .
- Cover with lead.
- Take a bowl and mix mashed potatoes, ginger-chilli paste,salt,peas and 1 tbsp cornflour.
- Mix it very well and knead to a soft dough.
- Now devide this mixture in equal portion and prepare it in a round shape.
- Press lighty on top to make a patty.
- Apply cornflour dusting.
- Now heat oil in pan and shallow fry this patties until golden brown.
- Take two patties in bowl.
- Add hot ragada.
- Now add tomatoes,onions,sev,Tamarind chutney,Green chutney,Garlic chutney.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
Don’t forget to like foodandmoreblog on facebook and subscribe foodandmoreblog for updates and also share your recipes and ideas on Facebook page and in the comment box given below.
*this colored text(green) indicates recipe updates