In my today’s post I am sharing one very famous delicious yet simple South Indian cuisine recipe- Lemon Rice.
Lemon Rice is one of the easiest recipe to make.It serves in many of temples as Prasad.
You can make Lemon Rice with freshly cook Rice or left over Rice too.
And about the flavours of the dish,
Peanut adds crunchyness in dish.The Tempering of Urad deal,Chana dal and fresh curry leaves enhance the aroma in Dish.Lemon juice adds tangyness in the dish.
Here we go,
Recipe Details below:
Cuisine : South Indian/Tamil nadu
Main Ingredient: Rice & Lemon juice
- Rice,boiled/cooked -1 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice -1 tbsp or 1 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 5-6 nos
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chili ,chopped – 1 medium size
- Split black gram / Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Bengal Gram/Chana deal -1 tsp
- Coriander ,chopped – for garnishing
- Oil/Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Boil Rice in water on high flame .it takes almost 15 mins.
- Now,heat ghee/oil in pan.
- Add mustard seeds and Urad dal and chana deal.
- Roast them very well.
- Then add peanuts and again roast peanuts cell.
- Now add curry leaves ,chili and turmeric powder.
- Add cooked Rice and mix well.
- Add pinch of salt (if required).
- Add Lemon juice and mix them very well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot……….
Have a great day….