How are you all???
Well , Today i am sharing an upvas recipe. My Indian Readers- You already know that tomorrow is holy festival Maha Shivratri. It is celebrated in the reverence of lord Shiva.It is the day shiva was married to goddess parvati. It is an auspicious day to worship lord shiva.
Shivrratri Fast is considered to be the most important fast for the devotees of lord shiva. It is said that if a devotee observes fast with pure devotion,he is blessed with the divine grace of lord shiva..
So today i am sharing tasty – chatpatti upvas recipe to add some happiness and taste in your fasting days.
here we go,
Ingredients for Tikki :
- Boiled & mashed potato – 2 cups
- Salt OR sendha namak – to taste
- Ginger – chili paste – 1 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder – as per your need
- Coconut , grated – 2 tbsp
- Peanut Powder -1 tbsp
- Dry fruits, chopped – 2 tbsp
- oil – to deep fry vadas
- Shingora flour – 1+1/2 cup
- sendha namak OR salt – to taste
- black pepper powder – a pinch
- roasted jeera powder – a pinch
- water 4-5 tbsp OR as per need
- Coriender , chopped – for garnishing
- Fresh Pomegranate – for garnishing
- Red chilli powder – a pinch
- Roasted cumin powder – a pinch
- Yogurt / Curd / Dahi – 1 bowl , approx
- Powdered sugar – as per your taste
- take a bowl and mix all ingredients of tikki. (i.e : Mashed-boiled potato, salt,ginger-chili paste,dry fruits,coconut,peanut powder)
- Divide this mixture in equal portion and shape each portion into a round and flat.
- In another bowl , add Shingora flour,salt,pepper powder,cumin powder and water.make a thick batter.
- Now dip each tikki into the batter and carefully transfer to frying pan.
- deep fry vadas till golden brown.
- First whisk curd and add salt and sugar.
- In serving bowl, put vadas and cover it with yogurt.
- sprinkle red chili powder,cumin powder,coriander,pomegranate .
- Serve .
- you can use boiled and mashed sweet potato along with potato mixture.